Angus Sinclair is a poet and library worker living in South London. His poems have appeared or are forthcoming in Blackbox Manifold, Butchers Dog, clinic, Datableed, Test Centre and Zarf among others. A selection of his poems were included in the anthology Dear World & Everyone In It: New Poetry in the UK (Bloodaxe, 2013). He has been invited to perform his work at readings and festivals in the UK and Europe, and his mantra circle poems Fourteen Palate Cleansers- performed at Reuben Sutton and Colin Herd’s Sutton Gallery in 2014- are held in the Rare Books collection at the National Poetry Library. He co-edits the poetry publishing experiment para·text with Laura Elliott.
The poems from True Pyramids were recorded on 27th July, 2017 at the allotments of Goldsmiths, University of London. The poems from Sonnets for Billy Barrix were recorded on 30th June, 2017 in The Joiners Arms, Camberwell, with Cage Williams on pub piano.
- from 'Sonnets for Billy Barrix'
Use the player to listen to from 'Sonnets for Billy Barrix'Player will appear here
- from 'True Pyramids'
- On Secretion at MINERVA platform: http://www.minervaplatform.com/#/angus-sinclair/
- from Sonnets for Billy Barrix in Blackbox Manifold 12: http://www.manifold.group.shef.ac.uk/issue12/AngusSinclair12.html
- from Sonnets for Billy Barrix at 3:AM Magazine: http://www.3ammagazine.com/3am/from-sonnets-for-billy-barrix/
- Two poems at clinic: https://clinicpresents.com/angus-sinclair-two-poems-2/
- from True Pyramids in Datableed 8: https://www.datableedzine.com/angus-sinclair-issue-8
for Carl Gent
lapsteel trickles down basement
& start September’s binding citation
our interaction with oxygen
why my hands are still
shaking our judgment no less louche
but convulsant softening tissue
I see clouds or camphor but
please let our song never end
the early morning circuit greens
& lemon balm whisper disaster
to wormwood at the wake I play
bar-keep forever but cupped
inside this mellow throat
with everything we received