Jeff Hilson's publications include stretchers (2006, Reality Street), Bird bird (2009, Landfill) and In The Assarts (2010, Veer Books). He also edited The Reality Street Book of Sonnets (2008, Reality Street) which US poet Ron Silliman called 'alas…the finest collection of sonnets ever put together'. He is currently working on a long poem sequence called 'Organ Music' sections of which have appeared in Open Letter: A Canadian Journal of Writing and Theory, VLAK, Painted, spoken, Infinite Editions and as a very attractive broadside from Crater Press. A selection of his work appeared recently in a special British poets feature of the online magazine Jacket 2. He teaches Creative Writing at The University of Roehampton, London and runs the reading series Xing the Line.
Crossing the Line, London, 2006
This reading was recorded by Tim Fletcher at Crossing the Line, London, in 2006.
from Bird bird (West House Books; Gargoyle Editions, 2005)
- 'Anser anser'
- 'Apus apus'
- 'Buteo buteo'
- 'Cinclus cinclus'
- 'Coccothraustes coccothraustes'
- 'Cygnus cygnus'
- 'Fingilla coelebs'
- 'Gallinago gallinago'
- 'Oenanthe oenanthe'
- 'Perdix perdix'
Use the player to listen to 'Perdix perdix'Player will appear here
- 'Phoenicarus phoenicarus'
- 'Puffinus puffinus'
- 'Pyrrhocorax pyrrhocorax'
- 'Regulus regulus'
- 'Thymallus thymallus'
- 'Troglodytes troglodytes'
- 'Vanellus vanellus'
from stretchers (Reality Street Editions, 2006)
- 'and the two cousins they'
- 'dear sir there were these three dots'
- 'do re mi in pup tents'
- 'go litel guns of grief'
- 'hello and everything this'
- 'I am a nurse the room my ward'
- 'I binger with my din friends'
- 'in all directions her'
- 'mounde life on the upp'
- 'on the way to the cleve'
- 'once there had a little invader'
- 'smile your in candid trench'
- 'this is part two licking it'